Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The most rewarding job around

Ever since I can remember I have wanted to be a stay at home mom. I think that's why I became a Nanny, essentially it's the same thing except I was getting paid. For awhile I wasn't sure that it would happen (but that's a whole other story I prefer not to get into at this point in time).
Anyways after years of waiting my little bundle of joy finally arrived! I love the idea of my own calling me "Mom" and to depend completely on me. To teach about the Gospel, that he is a son of God and that we get to be together forever. To teach about life. To play, sing, laugh, read, learn and grow together. To love and be loved unconditionally. I love watching him learn and discover and look forward to watching him continue in his growth and discoveries of new things and to discover himself. I look forward to future family vacations (Disneyland, camping, Germany), picnics, outings, and Christmas. I love holding him, comforting him. I do somewhat enjoy late night feedings, as it is our special one on one time ( I'm not saying That I wouldn't mind a full night's rest with no feedings though), diapers, teething, potty training, first words, first steps, first scrapes. EVERYTHING!!!!

I love the idea of homemaking and learning the skills of old! What excites me more is that I can teach my children these skills.

I look forward to baking and having Cameron (or the future little others) help mix in the ingredients and then having them beg to lick the bowl. I love to bake, before Cameron was born I would have baking Marathons, for example for Christmas I would bake for 15 hours plus. I love making cookies, muffins, cakes, pies and I love to try new recipes. Our latest was Chocolate, cadbury mini egg cookies ( http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/04/cadbury-egg-cookies.html ) for Easter. They didn't last long.

Now that it's spring, I'm getting ready to Garden. And although Cameron can't help out yet, he's fascinated by the plants and loves to watch me water them. We've planted all our "plant early" seeds. We'll have Tomatoes galore this summer and we've got, broccoli, cauliflower, green pepper, cilantro and basil, watermelon and Cantaloupe. When May long weekend arrives they will be transferred to the garden and we will then plant squash and corn, carrots, peas, cucumber, green beans, potatoes and strawberries. And like the baking I like to try something new, This years experiment will be blueberries. If it actually works out I will be in heaven!



Sewing is one of the skills that I have been on and off again trying to learn. I made a baby blanket way back when we were first married (which this Friday will have been 5 years ago), but it's pink. So I tried again when I found out we were having a boy. I was going by it blindly with no rhyme or reason to my methods. Needless to say it never really worked out. I can sew a really mean bean bag though. A friend from our ward is teaching me (and she's got a kazillion and one craft ideas which I am totally eager to learn), and I must say that I'm pretty proud of my efforts. I made a toddler sized blanket which Cameron will receive on his first birthday along with beanbags I made from the remaining squares. Next project: an Apron.


Front


Back


Bean Bags

We have an old piano which when given a few spare minutes, I try to plink out a tune. Cameron Likes sitting on my lap and singing along as I play. I would love to put him in lessons when he's old enough.








I am trying to go back to my previous healthier lifestyle, which is easier said than done. I would like to get daily physical activity, I want Cameron to enjoy the outdoors. I would like to eat healthier, not as much junk food, I want Cameron to respect his body. I love participating in triathlons, I am currently not in any shape to compete but I hope to be again. I once saw little ones, ages 3 and 4, in their own little triathlons, where they swim one length with help from mom or dad and then ride a block on their tricycles and then "run" a block. It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen, I can't wait for Cameron to participate.









I want to teach him that "cleanliness is next to godliness" and to respect his things. This one will take a bit of work for me, because I like things done a certain way. For example when Michael does something "wrong", I re-do it.

I want to learn to budget better and teach Cameron the value of money and "things" mean a lot more when you work for it. And that debt is bondage.

And last, but not least (most important actually), I want Cameron growing up knowing who he is, and that his Heavenly Father loves him. I want prayer to come naturally and I want him to grow up knowing his scripture stories.......

It looks like I've got my work cut out for me. But when all is said and done, I don't think there is anything more rewarding than being a Mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment