Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Life

They (whoever "they" are) say that what you put out in the universe comes back at you. If that is the case I'd like to know what I have been putting out there, because whatever you want to call it, Karma, the Universe or just plain comeuppance, it has not been that kind to me.

I'm doing my best to improve myself. I've been reading inspirational books, a few of which include, "Heaven is Here" by Stephanie Nielson, "Unlimited" by Jillian Michaels, "Divine Signatures" by Gerald Lund (Which was amazing!) and now I'm reading a book on hope, also by Elder Lund.

It seems this is my time to learn lasting Spiritual/life lessons. Patience, Long suffering, Faith, Hope, and Charity. Not just with others but also with myself.

It seems that whenever I see a glimmer of a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel, there's a new avalanche of rocks which I then need to figure out how to get through. The "funny" thing about trials, tribulations, adversity, whatever you want to call it, is that once we're past it, it kinda, sorta almost makes sense and we can kinda, sorta see what purpose it had in shaping us.

I'd like to get to that point. I'm tired and weary and just need a little respite. A few breaths of fresh air, to clear my head and then if it must be, stick me back in that tunnel.

It's been nearly 4 months and finally our computer let me log in, hence this post. Since then I  have broken my foot, (exercising, that'll teach me), our computer keeps crashing, our van has had nearly three grand of repairs done to it, our BBQ broke, on top of nearly every small appliance that we own and one large, our washer.(and those are just the minor issues or as my brother would call them "first world problems") Work has been scarce. And I'm about to lose my mind.

That being said I am very blessed! Despite all the crap that's been happening I do realize I have great blessings in my life. The Four most important are, First, My God, then Michael, Cameron and Tommy.

I love being a Mother and a wife and if I were to lose everything else in my life I would still be incredibly wealthy because I have my Family!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back on-line, Barb! Love your attitude and Love you. I always find myself wishing we lived closer and could get together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally wish we lived closer together. I would love hanging out with you! Where are you living these days?

      Delete