Our Family

Our Family

Monday, May 28, 2012

You don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Lack of sleep I think is one of the worst things in life. I mean real exhaustion and sleep deprivation. I'm a terrible sleeper. My best sleep happens between 5:00 and 8:00 in the morning. And Tommy wakes up at 5:30.
A lack of sleep affects everything. Your Physical state, your mental, social, emotional, and spiritual state. I found myself really burnt out just about a month ago and finding the joy being sucked away and I had zero drive to do anything.I love my boys so I'd still play with them but it was getting really hard. One thing that would kind of bring me back to life despite my exhaustion was working out. In less than two months I had lost 20lbs. I was getting strong and doing so well.
 (This is how I feel. Like this super strong, fit person stuck in a
not so strong and not so fit body.)

So what happens? One morning I decided to Work out to a DVD and my Cameron got under my feet without me seeing and down I go, twisted my food and then landed on it and then landed on Cameron. Luckily Cameron was not hurt except his feelings from his Mommy falling on him. Me on the other hand did not come out quite as lucky. So a broken foot and a cast later. I am left incapable of doing anything for myself or my boys. This is going to be interesting.




So here I was sitting on the couch, If I wanted to go anywhere I had to use my crutches. I was not allowed to bear any weight on my foot. Have you ever tried to carry anything while using crutches? It doesn't work. I was helpless. Everything had to be done for me. I got a lot of help from Michael, my mom and many others. I have to admit the first week wasn't so bad but after that I was ready to start doing things for myself. I learned my lesson after a week, I was missing getting up with Tommy and carrying him. I was missing running around with Cameron. On top of missing  many other things, that just a week earlier seemed to be draining and almost tedious. I was done doing nothing. and I still had at least four weeks to go. 
The Sunday before it happened I watched Soul Surfer. It was providence I think. Very inspiring. If she could recover and live a life minus one arm and not to mention get back on a surf board and go back into the ocean. I could survive 6-8 weeks. I was going to get my foot back. And now I do. I walk on the cast and it feels great to do things for myself again! We really need to be careful not to take our lives for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment