Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Learning to dance in the rain

I'm discovering that there are many lessons to learn from our little people. Cameron is at an age of Wonder! Everything is new and exciting. Everything is amazing and reason for more exploration. Everyday things we take for granted, he finds complete joy and wonder. For example an ant crawling or a bird flying or just plain grass. He crouches down and takes the object of his attention completely in. Processing all it has for him to discover. We have been having a lot of rain. There was one week about a month back that it didn't let up. About three days of being cooped up both he and I had extreme Cabin Fever. Cameron kept begging to go "side". So I relented, put on his boots and rain coat. Grabbed the Umbrella and headed out into the cold wetness. Cameron played as if the day was no different from a sunny one, as I stood freezing under the umbrella.




The quote that came to my mind as I watched him is " Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
















No comments:

Post a Comment