Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Saying Good bye is never easy

For anyone who knows me I love animals, especially Kittens. When I first came home from my Mission I adopted a kitten a named her Fluffelpuff. She was my new companion. After Michael and I got married we noticed that she was a bit lonely (no kidding after living in my parents crazy house,7 people, 1 other cat and a dog). I was a Nanny then and took the kids to the pet store and there through the glass a Kitten Meowed at me. I was Smitten. After work I brought Michael and she cast a spell on him too. She became his kitten. We named her Rugrat. The Kitties were so cute together and we have had so much fun buying treats and toys, playing and snuggling. A few years later my sister had to get rid of her cats due to my nephews allergies. That is when Tiger entered our Family. The two others didn't so much like her but we made it work.

Just recently our Kittens have become sick. These past few months I have had a real battle in my head. I love my kittens. But We could no longer afford to properly take care of them. I didn't know if they were suffering. Plus having Cameron and now with a little one on the way, things were getting unsanitary. Urine on the beds and furniture, Hair clumps left everywhere, and kitty puke. As much as I love them them it was getting really gross. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to give them away. But this was not fair to them or my Family. The hardest part was watching Cameron play with them. He would pull a string around and giggle as the chased and swatted.

A decision had to be made. I have been in tears on and off all morning. I prayed and I knew what was best for them, no matter how much it hurts to say good-bye. We could not give them the life and treatment they needed so we needed to give them to somebody who could.
I hope they don't feel abandoned and that they know how much I loved them. They were my babies when I couldn't have babies. They will be greatly missed. Kittens you will always have a place in my heart.

They must've known something was going on. The last few days they have been so sweet and cuddly. Salt in the wound. Last night Fluffels escaped outside. So when it came time to take them away she was not around. that'll have to be a decision for another day. Michael took them to their new home where they will receive the appropriate care and receive the attention they need and deserve.

Some of you may laugh or not quite understand but my heart aches. I'm sorry kittens. I love you and I hope you're happy in your new homes. Rugrat, Tiger and Fluff you will always be part of our Family.


Fluffelpuff


Rugrat


Tiger









No comments:

Post a Comment