Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Big Boy Bed

I have wanted to switch Cameron to a big boy bed for awhile. He's not climbing out or anything, although I wouldn't put it past him if he didn't wear sleep sacks to bed. (Genius Invention)
The last few months I have just felt like he was ready. We were just waiting for the right resources to line up.

Knock on wood, Cameron is great at going to bed. He lets us no when he's tired and he says "bed" when he wants to go to sleep. This morning even he yawned, rubbed his eyes and looked at me and said "tired".

Easter weekend when we were at Great Grandma's I brought the pack and play but didn't have to use it. I just put him in the big bed surrounded him by pillows and he lay there talking to himself until he fell asleep. I would check on him every few minutes. He'd just smile at me so I would say "Love you, Night, night". It's really been a blessing. Again knock on wood.

A few months ago my sister and I took our boys to Ikea and Cameron was so cute in the toddler section climbing in the beds and covering up with the blankets. This weekend our resources lined up. Thanks to my super generous Sister and brother in law we got a twin bed frame. So yesterday we took Cameron to the furniture store and had him pick out a mattress. We then went to Walmart where we let him pick out sheets. And back to home. It must have been too much excitement because he fell asleep on the way home. When Daddy got home from work that evening, he and Cameron built the bed. Then Cameron helped Daddy carry the mattress up and put it on, he helped with opening the sheets and making the bed. When all was done Daddy layed down. Cameron was not impressed. He knew whose big boy bed this was and it was not for Daddy.

Cameron is very proud of his big boy bed. He slept better last night than any night previous in his crib. And currently he is napping in it. What a sweet boy. I love watching him sleep. In those moments he is absolutely perfect. My little angel.





r










No comments:

Post a Comment