Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Testing his vocal cords

My little guy is a real talker and has been from the very beginning. At first most of his sounds were in his sleep as that is what he did most of the time. (and like I mentioned in a previous post, he likes to talk himself to sleep) When he first started to be awake for longer periods of time his favourite thing would be to have me undress his legs, I would sit there pushing my hands against his bare feet while he kicked and squealed. And he could squeal!

He's gone through the "grunting" which sounds a little cavemanish. He's done the "babbling" where he's telling you his stories, he even has his sob stories, where his babbling is accompanied by whining. He likes to purse his lips together and "mmmmmmmmm" which sometimes evolves into "mummm mumm mum muumm". He's tried the "shrieking/screaming" which I do have to say is really cute but really loud. For example in church during Sacrament meeting on his Auntie Erin's lap, he tells her a whole bunch through screeching. As cute/funny as it was, he was the only one making noise beside the speaker which happened to be his Daddy. Or we were at Walmart and I took him to the Family bathroom to feed and change him and on the change table (accompanied with the bathroom acoustics) Cameron had a conversation with the Diapering kit dipenser.


On occasion Cameron likes to test out his sounds at 3:00 in the morning, He just lays in his Bassinet having a grand ole time. ( One of the times I will drag myself out of bed to tape him). One morning he lay there laughing, even though it's an obscene hour, I can't be upset, because it's just too darn cute!
His current noise is "fake coughing" almost like a grown ups "AHEM". He'll just lay there and "cough" over and over. I think it's one of my favourites.

I wonder what is going to happen when he learns his words. Are the days of having a quiet household numbered?

2 comments:

  1. I just found out about your blog. Your baby boy is adorable! What a wonderful mother you are! I always knew you would be! I miss you and hope that you are doing well. I can tell that you are. Sure love ya!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious. Sara and Corbin would talk to things all the time in their crib :)

    ReplyDelete