Our Family

Our Family

Friday, March 12, 2010

Motherhood Reflections

When we were doing Baby Massage, the Massage Therapist asked us what are favourite things about our Babies is. That's a hard one! There are so many wonderful things about my Cameron. I love the way he smiles when Michael or I enter the room. Or the way he gets excited, his giggles and laughs. I love watching him observe and learn the world around him. The list goes on.......
I answered "the way Cameron communicates", which I guess envelopes everything I just listed. I love the way he looks at me, with such love, admiration and trust, right from the very beginning. Even when I'm unsure, feeling inadequate or overwhelmed he knows I'm there for him and that I'll always take care of him.

Motherhood is a very bittersweet calling. Watching my little one grow up is so amazing and I am so proud when he reaches his milestones but on the other hand I'm kind of sad too. It's all happening WAY too fast! On Tuesday my little man turned 5 months. Where has the time gone? He was born 7lbs 6oz and is already 17lbs and 9oz. I love the little person he is becoming but I can't help mourning what he's leaving behind. For example when I see newborns all curled up I think Cameron doesn't do that anymore. When he was born I could hold him in one arm and now I can barely hold him in both.

I am feel very blessed that I get to stay home and be there for every part of his growing up. I wouldn't miss it for the world. There is nothing greater than being a Mother. Cameron was worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment