Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Solids

Around the 4 month mark, Cameron started to nurse every hour and a half. It may have been a growth spurt.....that lasts over 4 weeks. I don't think so. I know that "they" recommend waiting until 6 months until introducing solids, but I had to do what I thought was best for me and my boy. So we started rice cereal. He loved it! He gobbled it right up. The nursing returned to every three hours.



After 2 weeks, he became constipated. I assumed it to be the cereal because that has been the only change in his life, so prunes it is......



It was fine for the first couple of days, It did what it was supposed to, but by day 4 or 5 Cameron had enough. It started with gagging and ended with mouth shut tight, head turned and Mommy's hand pushed away. Okay. No more prunes. Or anything else for that matter. I'm guessing he associated his spoon with prunes because as soon as he saw it, his mouth was shut and was not going to open anytime soon. (Oat cereal had been recommended, to help against constipation, but he wouldn't even consider it after the prunes). So we took a week break (which meant every hour and a half again). And just this morning we tried cereal again (with a little apple mixed in). It was a smash hit!

Yesterday, Kristie-Lynn, Jude, Cameron and I headed over to Sheri and Olivia's for a play date
( although not once that whole afternoon were all three babies awake at the same time) and marathon Baby food making. We made peaches, pears, a whole lot of yams, carrots, Pork and Chicken. The pork and chicken smelled and looked nasty but didn't taste too bad. The fruit was wonderful and the veggies weren't too bad either. (Gotta know what I'm giving him). It was a lot of work, but the company made it fun and the time fly by, plus we know what exactly is going into our babies bodies.



Olivia and Cameron. They were super cute playing together. At one point they were holding hands. As we were working, Olivia started to scream, Cameron had found her hair and did his pulling thing. (I have to teach my little man how to properly treat the ladies)


Kristie- Lynn and the peaches


Sheri and Olivia pureeing the yams


Scooping the yams

No comments:

Post a Comment