Our Family

Our Family

Friday, July 16, 2010

Turning 30

I remember the days when I thought 30 was old. Now I'm there and kids are thinking I'm old. Funny thing is I don't feel it. I still feel like I just turned 20. A rookie in the adult world. they say with age comes wisdom, if that be the case I still have so much to learn.
Turning 30 wasn't as hard as turning 28. Why? I'm not quite sure. Perhaps because I had an ideal of where I wanted my life to be at a certain age and I wasn't there. I felt I had nothing to show for my years. So what makes thirty different? First and most important, I'm a Mom to an amazing baby boy. Who makes me feel like I'm the most important person in the world. I have an amazing husband, who supports me in everything I do, unless it's not a very smart pursuit and then he's there to stop me. He stands by me no matter what and in my opinion that's pretty impressive because I can be pretty crazy(in a fun and also a not so fun way) at times.
I have a home I can call my own. I could go on and be all mushy etc. etc.
I think Tim McGraw's song " My next Thirty years " describes what I'm feeling best.

I think I'll take a moment, celebrate my age
The ending of an era and the turning of a page
Now it's time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years

Hey my next thirty years I'm gonna have some fun
Try to forget about all the crazy things I've done
Maybe now I've conquered all my adolescent fears
And I'll do it better in my next thirty years

My next thirty years I'm gonna settle all the scores
Cry a little less, laugh a little more
Find a world of happiness without the hate and fear
Figure out just what I'm doing here
In my next thirty years

Oh my next thirty years, I'm gonna watch my weight
Eat a few more salads and not stay up so late
Drink a little lemonade and not so many beers (Root Beers of course)
Maybe I'll remember my next thirty years

My next thirty years will be the best years of my life
Raise a little family and hang out with my [Husband]
Spend precious moments with the ones that I hold dear
Make up for lost time here, in my next thirty years
In my next thirty years

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Sister B. Sending you some much deserved love from CA. ~Jess

    ReplyDelete